Do you have a mouse in the house? Give us a call and you can speak with an expert.
If you believe that you only have one mouse in the house, think again. Mice reproduce rapidly – do not delay. There are numerous reasons why you may have a mouse in your house and why you may have seen the one.
Learn reasons you have mice in your house:
- Mice use our homes for shelter from predators such as hawks, owls, and cats.
- Food Sources. Homes have ample supplies of food in the pantry. Also, bird seed & pet food are provide food. Mice can get all their water needs from food.
- Homes provide a good climate all times of the year
Mice explore and communicate by marking their territory with thousands of micro droplets of urine. If you have seen a mouse in the house it is safe to assume there are more nearby.
How to prevent mice in the house:
- Reduce habitat around the perimeter of your home. This includes, keeping grass short, trimming back hedges, and keeping debris away from the home.
- Secure sources of food. Keep birdseed and pet food in sealed containers.
- Seal openings on the home. This includes construction gaps, reinforcing attic ventilation, and sealing pipe penetrations.
- Control local populations around your home.
Investigate our Prevent-A-Mouse program to learn about our evolved process to control mice in the house.